Child custody cases are very sensitive affairs, and we know that, as parents, you want the best for your child. However, as experienced child custody attorneys, we also understand that often, both parents believe they are most qualified. Therefore, we recommend hiring an experienced child custody attorney to help you with your case in these complex situations. Our goal is simple—to help determine the environment and situation best for the child.
Child custody disputes are settled based on several different factors. Whether you end up resolving your conflict in mediation or before a judge, here are a few points that the decision may be based on:
- The child’s wishes
- Each parent’s historical nurturing role
- Each parent’s ability to provide the basic needs of the child: food, clothing, medical care, and education.
- The mental and physical condition of the parents
- The circumstances of each party in the future
- Any history of physical or emotional abuse to the child
If you and your ex-spouse are struggling to come to an agreement, Murfreesboro Family Law may be able to help. We understand that every situation is unique and will give your case the time and attention it deserves. Call Murfreesboro Family Law at 615-890-3656 to speak with one of our skilled attorneys.